Find the Xbox One console ID, device ID, Xbox One serial number, and Kinect serial number
To register or request a repair for your Xbox One console or Kinect sensor, you need to know the serial number. You may also need to know the console ID or device ID.
Find the Xbox One console ID or device ID
Note You can only find the console ID in Settings. The console ID is different from the console serial number.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
- Your Console ID is second in the list displayed.
Note If you’re looking for the device ID for a forgotten password reset attempt, use the Xbox Live device ID, fourth in the list displayed.
Find the Xbox One serial number
You can find the serial number for your Xbox One console is located in two places:
- On the sticker on the bottom of the console, or
- On the Console Info screen in Settings. See the steps above. The serial number appears first in the list displayed.
Find the Kinect sensor serial number
The Kinect sensor serial number is located on the bottom of the sensor. The serial number is the 12-digit number below the barcode.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Find the Xbox One console ID, device ID, Xbox One serial number, and Kinect serial number" issue you were reading about or a different issue?