How to use your Xbox profile on another Xbox
It’s easy to use your Xbox profile on multiple consoles. For example, you can use your Xbox profile at your friend’s house, or on a second console at home.
Move your Xbox profile from one console to another
Before you can use your Xbox profile on a different console, you need to either download it to a different console from the Xbox Live service, or from a portable storage device, such as a flash drive or memory unit.
- You can download your Xbox profile to multiple consoles. However, you can only sign in to one profile at a time.
- Your Xbox profile updates automatically on your console and Xbox Live. This happens whenever you sign in or out of your profile.
- If you were using a different console the last time you signed in to your profile, you’ll see a notification about this when you sign in. See "Your gamertag was last signed in on another console" message.
Download your Xbox profile from the Xbox Live service (recommended)For more information about how to download your Xbox profile from the Xbox Live service, see one of the following:
- How to add or remove a Microsoft account on Xbox One
- How to add or remove an Xbox profile on Xbox 360
Download your Xbox profile to a portable storage device, such as a flash drive or memory unit
For more information about how to download your Xbox profile to a portable storage device, such as a flash drive or memory unit, see Move your Xbox profile to another Xbox 360 console using a flash drive or memory unit.
- This method is not available for the Xbox One console.
- If you move your Xbox profile using a USB flash drive or memory unit, the console prompts you for your Microsoft account password when you sign in to your profile on the portable storage device. This password requirement is permanent and protects the security of your account, in case the storage device is lost or stolen.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "How to use your Xbox profile on another Xbox" issue you were reading about or a different issue?